Tuna salad is perfect for wraps or sandwiches, as a side or to eat with crackers. It can be a very filling meal but actually requires no cooking time. Personally, I think since Tuna is healthy it’s a waste to make it into a salad filled with unnecessary additional calories.
For that reason, I use low-fat mayonnaise which is much healthier and lower in calories than regular mayo but still tastes delicious. By using low-fat mayo the recipe still keeps the delicious texture and taste tuna salad should have.
Everyone has their favorite Tuna Salad recipe. There are endless recipes to be found online. This is my recipe and it very quick and easy to make. It really tastes great every time!
- 4 small cans of tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 can of corn
- 2 carrots- small dice
- 2 celery stalks- small dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cut carrots, celery and corn in a large bowl
- Open the four cans of tuna and spill out the water and put in another bowl
- With a fork mash up the tuna and then add it to veggie bowl
- Add mayo and mix to evenly coat
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know its tuna, but it says “Chicken of the Sea”
~ Jessica Simpson