I know many of you have been begging me for this post, or at least for me to finally give you the recipe I claim is so simple. Well it is a very easy recipe and it taste great.
My sister went away for the weekend a little while ago and came home telling me they served the best broccoli side dish. I was so curious what this dish was because she happens to be the pickiest food eater ever. Anyway long story short she told me what was in it and I have been making it ever since.
It literally has become a staple side dish in my home and I have been serving it at all the holiday meals. NO joke this dish has been a huge crowd pleaser! I love this recipe because you can play around with it and add baby corn or water chestnuts for the real Chinese Food taste. Or you can prepare it like I have many times …. Just with broccoli.
- 2 heads of broccoli- washed and cut bite size
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Osem Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Boiling water (about 1/4 of a cup)
- Baby corn cut up or water chestnuts ( if desired)
- Fry two cloves garlic in two table spoons of Sesame oil then add 3 heads of washed/cut broccoli
- In a separate bowl- mix soup mix, cornstarch, add boiling water to dissolve the mix and add soy sauce
- Add the mixture into broccoli cook covered for 10 minutes. ( if you want to add baby corn or water chestnuts, mix them into the broccoli after five minutes and let it cook covered for the last 5 minutes)
Serve Hot and Enjoy!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“Eating is really one of your indoor sports. You play three times a day, and it’s well worthwhile to make the game as pleasant as possible”
~ Dorothy Draper