So I am currently in a Veggie Burger making phase. I have been trying new recipes left and right and have been reading a lot!
Last night I decided to experiment and make my own veggie burger recipe which I personally think came out great! The fact that I made so many and they all finished so quickly definitely proved to me that I am not the only one who thinks they are awesome. The reason I am such a huge fan of this recipe is because it is packed with extremely healthy ingredients and also I think they taste even better baked than fried.
- 1 can chickpeas- rinsed and strained (chopped in food processor)
- 1 can white beans (chopped in food processor)
- 1 can corn
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 1/2 head of broccoli (chopped in food processor)
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- ½ cup parsley- small dice
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- Pinch of Chili powder
- Salt/ Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat Oven to 365 degrees.
- Sautee garlic and onion in olive oil and mix all spices/seasonings in.
- In food processor chop the chickpeas, white beans, and broccoli then add them to bowl with the chopped parsley, corn, bread crumbs and flour.
- Combine it to the onion/garlic mixture. Fix and form burgers. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or Pam.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes then hit with broil for a few minutes and flip to the other side also. (when you change it to broil watch the burgers as they burn rather quickly).
Serve Hot with mustard, ketchup, hummus, tahini or whatever you enjoy most!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces- just good food from fresh ingredients”
~ Julia Child