The vegetables in Israel are always so fresh and delicious. Salad is served at every meal, no joke, Israelis even have salads for breakfasts. The classic Israeli salad is perfect as a light meal, a side or to stuff in a pita. This is one of those salads that is not filled with heavy dressing but actually is extremely healthy and not to mention tasty as well 🙂
- 3 tomatoes – chopped small dice
- 3 Persian/Israeli cucumbers- Chopped small dice with the peel
- 1/2 cup parsley (flat leaf)- chopped
- 1/2 an onion – Chopped Small
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Finely chop the vegetables and place all chopped veggies into a bowl.
2. Immediately before serving, season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise.”
~ Linford Christie