So I gave you a recipe for Marinara Sauce and now it’s only right that I give you a great recipe for Pesto Sauce. Yes this sauce is a bit heavier on the calories because it is an oil based sauce and has pine nuts in the recipe but it is absolutely delicious.
There is a Kosher Dairy Restaurant in New York called “My Most Favorite Food” http://www.mymostfavorite.com/ which serves the most amazing Farfalle Pasta with Pesto Sauce and ever since I tasted it there I was hooked.
I made it this week and served it with pasta but it’s not only a pasta sauce. Pesto sauce is often served with salad as a dressing, put into grilled cheese sandwiches or on top of chicken. I also like putting pesto sauce when I make avocado/feta veggie wraps. It is totally up to you!
So here goes:
- · 12oz Olive Oil
- · 3 oz toasted pine nuts
- · 6 oz Basil Leave- Cleaned and Chopped
- · 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- · 4oz Parmesan Cheese ( if you want to serve the sauce with a meat dish omit the Parmesan cheese)
- · Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place 1/3 of the oil in a blender or food processor and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend/Process until smooth then add the remaining olive oil and blend for a few more seconds.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention.”
~ Christopher Morley