My family loves salads but eating the same simple veggie salad gets boring so we like to try different recipes. This is by far one of my favorite healthy salads.
The combination of these ingredients is simply delicious!
- · Sweet potato
- · Romaine lettuce
- · Tomatoes
- · Cucumbers
- · Purple onion
- · Red pepper
- · Feta cheese
- · Walnuts
- · Craisins
- · Lemon – for juice and garnish
- · Olive Oil
- · Salt and Pepper
1. Bake the Potatoes: scrub the potatoes very well and prick them with a fork, then arrange them on a rack and place them in a preheated 450degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender.
2. In the meantime wash and cut the vegetables: purple onion, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. Place them in a large bowl.
3. Peel the baked potatoes and slice them
3. Season the bowl of cut veggies with salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil. Then place a portion on separate plates.
5. Garnish with a piece of lemon.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
~ Virginia Woolf